Established in 1999 and located in Grass Valley, CA Forester’s Co-op is a California Certified Small Business that provides a wide range of environmental consulting services to small private timberland owners, public agencies and utilities, and other diverse clientele throughout the State of California. We believe in and practice our passion, which is to achieve the highest ethical standards in forest conservation through the active management of our State’s abundant forest, range, wildlife, water, and recreational natural resources. Collaboration with other like-minded professional firms is a fundamental philosophy of our Company.
Whatever your land management and planning needs are , Forester’s Co-Op can and will respond.
Forester’s Co-Op Specializes in:
- Utility right of way (ROW) vegetation management and permitting
- Long Term (30 year) Forest Conservation and Sustained Yield Plans
- California Timber Harvest Plans (THP)
- Logging Contracts and Log Sale Administration Services
- Forest & Biological surveys and inventories
- Archaeological surveys and project mitigation reports
- USFS Forest Stand Exam Inventories
- USFS – Healthy Forest Timber Sale Preparation – “Layout – Mark – Cruise”
- Green House Gas (Carbon – CO2) Forest Sequestration Verification and Validation Services (California Air Resources Board (ARB) and Climate Action Reserve (CAR) Protocols)
- Global Positioning System (GPS) field data collection and processing
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and geographic data display services
- Vegetation and geographic database creation and management
- CEQA/NEPA environmental permit writing
Our staff of professional foresters offers your project a combined more than 45 years of practical on-the-ground forestry, biological, and utility ROW management experience. Our primary strength is in the accurate collection of a broad spectrum of field natural resource data (timber volume, wildfire fuel inventories, botanical, biological, hydrological, etc.) and then rendering this data into Geographical Information System (GIS) analytical tools for use in environmental permitting and management processes.
Timber and oak woodlands managed by Forester’s Co-Op provide for healthy productive forests, clean water, improved wildlife habitat, and reduce the threat of wildfires to nearby communities. Please contact us today to discuss how our Company can best assist you in meeting your project’s forest, vegetation, or other environmental management goals and objectives.